This week I’m continuing the edible gifts and dessert ideas as we continue to approach Christmas Day. (Just 6 days people!!) In keeping with my simple approach to sweet treats, today’e recipe for Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Roasted Pecans is a cinch!
Last week’s recipe for Dark Chocolate Bark with Gingerbread and Toffee was an ideal option for co-worker gifts and cookie exchanges. Well guess what, so are these roasted nuts! The brown sugar, cinnamon and hint of vanilla blend together to caramelize and glaze the nuts and the soak up all that sweet spiced flavor. You finish them off with some granular sugar for a little texture and they become irresistible. Try not to eat them by the handful!
To make this recipe even easier than it already is, I used Kings Supermarket’s new Instacart option to get my ingredients. Kings now offers at home delivery in less than one hour! You simply use the Instacart website or app to browse for the groceries you need, add to your cart, and schedule your delivery. I did this all from the couch while watching Christmas movies and the groceries appeared at my door, ready to use!
Whether you realize you forgot an ingredient mid-cooking, have too many other errands lined up, or simply don’t want to face the cold Kings has got you covered! And so does Behind the Plates. I’m giving you a first-time use code for $10 off your purchase using this code: https://inst.cr/t/69QErYasg
I’m bringing you more ways to enjoy this recipe as a gift or a Christmas table addition:
- Fill mini or large mason jars with the finished nuts. Tie big bows with festive ribbons and add a gift tag. Voila a co-worker, friend, or hostess gift is done!
- Add a bowl to your holiday cheese board. These will pair great with things like blue cheese and fig spread!
- Toss them in your holiday salad (Think craisins, arugula, goat or blue cheese and balsamic!)
…all for the love of the dish
- 2 cups halved raw pecans
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add egg whites and vanilla and mix. Add pecans and toss.
- In a small separate bowl add cinnamon, brown sugar, and 1 tbsp white sugar. Mix together. Pour over pecans and toss until well coated.
- Pour onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, taking out every 20 minutes to turn the nuts.
- Once removed from oven they may still be in more of a glazed state. This is ok. Toss with that remaining 1 tbsp white sugar. Let sit and cool before serving or wrapping up as gifts.