I recently found my latest snack craze, compliments to Trader Joes. I am a regular at their grocery store and I am constantly picking up new things to try whether it is an interesting seasonal vegetable, a new cracker flavor that looks appealing, or one of their WAY too many candy and cookie selections. I had heard through the foodie grapevine that Speculoos Cookie Butter from Trader Joes was a must try item. After trying not to give in to the temptation for months I finally caved. It wasn’t the original Speculoos Cookie Butter flavor that trapped me…it was the Speculoos Cookie and Cocoa Swirl.
The cookie part has a flavor similar to gingerbread and the cocoa spread is like Nutella (although I think the hazelnut is less apparent in this spread). I mean… what is not to love about this?! I soon was spreading it on fruit, pretzels, graham crackers etc. And that’s when a fun recipe idea sparked that would work as a snack, dessert, or even breakfast (I can’t lie…I happily ate mine for breakfast).
Here’s some serving ideas for Cookie Butter Bruschetta:
- Bring to your next Brunch with friends
- Make for dessert after a nice Italian meal
- Plate up as snacks when impromptu guests arrive at your house
…all for the love of the dish
- Speculoos Cookie and Cocoa Swirl (If you do not have a Trader Joes swap it for Nutella. Maybe even add a little peanut butter)
- Small crusty french baguette
- Handful of berries of your choice
- ¼ cup of ricotta
- ½ teaspoon of powdered sugar
- Slice your baguette.
- Toast sliced pieces of bread until just slightly browned.
- Spread a generous knifeful of Cookie and Cocoa spread onto the bread slices
- Mix ricotta and powdered sugar together . Place a dollop of the ricotta mixture on top of the cookie spread on your sliced bread.
- Top off with a berry of your choice.
- Now Savor it!
The ricotta spread should be enough for about 8 bread slices. Double the recipe to make more for a crowd!