If you’re looking for an easy Sunday Funday recipe to feed the football crowd huddled around your TV, today’s recipe is the answer! These Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings are a fun twist on a bar food classic.
I’m always offering for friends and family to come to our house to watch the football games. I’ll let you in on a secret; it’s my escape technique from watching the games (I know… blasphemy! I don’t enjoy watching football…) But, if I host the gathering, it gives the appearance that I enjoy it and I can hide away in the kitchen cooking up food for everyone. It’s also a good opportunity to try out recipes on people 😉
If you actually want to time to watch the game this happens to be a great recipe for you to execute. You won’t miss any of the game because this snack takes about 2 minutes of prep and 1 hour of waiting until they are on your table. For those of you like me, you’ll need to add another snack into the mix to keep yourself busy in the kitchen.
I took my classic sweet and spicy wings recipe and went for some new flavor inspiration. It only took four ingredients and the results were crispy, cheesy wings with a good kick of garlic. The wings are baked, not fried, so you can spare yourself some guilt.
Watch these wings fly out of the bowl as you become the new hosting hero!
…all for the love of the dish
- 2lbs chicken wings
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Pam spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease 2 pans with cooking spray and lay out the wings with about an inch of space in between each. To a quick covering spray of the wings with the Pam spray. Sprinkle with about ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the trays and using tongs flip each of the wings. Coat with a new layer of cooking spray, salt and pepper and return to oven. Continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a microwaveable bowl, add the butter and minced garlic. Melt in the microwave (cooking in 10 second increments). Once melted, stir in the onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove wings from the baking pans and toss in a large bowl with the butter mixture. Add the parmesan cheese and toss again.
- You’re ready to serve!