This Crockpot While Chicken Chili is the savory solution to your cold winter days!
I can’t believe I missed super snowstorm Jonas! My work trip to Dallas this weekend coincided with the start of the storm hit. I got out just before he arrived!. I’ll admit, I was mildly upset that I didn’t get to cozy up on the couch to watch movies, go outside to make snow angels, or sip some hot cocoa. However, I was very happy that I didn’t have to partake in any shoveling activity. The storm did manage to put a wrinkle in my plans by leaving me stranded in Dallas for an extra day. I was one of the lucky ones who managed a rescheduled flight within two days even if it did take a change of airline, two planes, and a handful of additional hours to do so.
Coming home to all the snow on the ground made me yearn for some great cold day dinners. Chili is such a classic warm winter meal. It’s also perfect for those upcoming Superbowl parties! I shared my Beef, Bean and Beer Chili recipe with you all last year however; in today’s recipe I took a different approach.
This recipe for Crockpot White Chicken Chili shares a great balance between healthy and comfort food. Its gluten free which is rare for chili as most often flour or cornstarch is used to thicken it up. But, these ingredients simmering in the crockpot all day give it a rich and creamy sensation. When the bowl is topped off with cool avocado pieces the whole dish comes together.
Ways to Eat your Chili:
- Create a Chili Bar so your family or guests can dress their own bowl
- Add crispy tortilla strips and some Monterrey jack cheese to the top to liven it up!
- Make the chili for 2 and save the rest for lunches and dinners throughout the week!
Stock up on the ingredients and next snowstorm you’ll be ready to take on the all-day lounging with a delicious meal to accompany it. 😉
…all for the love of the Dish
- 2 chicken breasts, raw
- 1 16oz jar of salsa verde
- 16oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 32 oz of northern white beans
- Avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, and tortilla chips for topping (optional
- Add chicken, spices, chicken broth and salsa verde to the crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours OR low for 6.
- 30 minutes before serving, use a fork to shred the chicken. Then add the white beans (no need to drain-add with juices) and the corn.
- Serve with avocado slices and Monterey Jack cheese (optional)