Mojito Watermelon Salad Recipe
This recipe is “one in a melon”…. ok, I tried to make you smile with that one. All puns aside, this refreshing watermelon fruit salad takes the fruit to new heights. My inspiration came from my trip to Oregon last month. Our bed and breakfast put thinly sliced mint in with their watermelon cubes one morning and the idea took hold. It’s not like adding two more small ingredients to the mix is a radical deviation, however; a little lime juice and some mint goes a long way!
You get all the bright, fresh flavors of a Mojito drink blended in with the bursting juiciness of watermelon and it’s just a fantastic summer salad. No alcohol is included, but hey if you want to add a little gin in there to give it a whirl….more power to you (watermelon soaked in liquor is pretty good actually).
Why this Watermelon Fruit Salad is a Summer Necessity
- I used an entire watermelon for this so it will feed a crowd (Think BBQ tables)
- Keep “hydrated” all week for breakfasts and snacks
- Eat it as a refreshing dessert to cool you down on a hot summer night!
Now go on and be fruity…get the recipe below.
…all for the love of the dish
A refreshing summer fruit salad
- 8 cups seedless watermelon, cubed (or one medium watermelon)
- Juice from 4 limes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup fresh mint, finely sliced
- Mix together you lime juice and sugar. Toss the mint and watermelon cubes in a large bowl. Pour in the lime juice mixture and mix well so coats the watermelon. Refrigerate until serving.