The Fourth of July is approaching, which for me, includes fireworks, beach and BBQ’s. It also, is a time to reflect on our freedom and of course display some patriotism. We all know that for Fourth of July weekend anything and everything is red, white, and blue inspired. This goes for decorations, outfits and even food! I have hopped on the bandwagon with this next recipe. Get excited a Star Spangled Sangria Recipe.
What better way is there to celebrate the good ole’ USA? Sipping on a cold alcoholic beverage while lounging with friends and family seems like the perfect holiday festivity. That is freedom at its finest (Well, in my opinion).
That is why I am bringing you this Star Spangled Sangria. Its light, it’s refreshing, its fruity and of course it’s red, white, and boozy!
For another festive celebration idea here are some Red, White and Booze Berry Popsicles!
…all for the love of the dish!
- 1.5 L (aka magnum) chilled white wine...I used pinto grigio
- 3/4 cup light rum (I used Bacardi pineapple coconut for some added flavor)
- 1 1/2 cup club soda
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 15-20 Pineapple Stars
- Wash your strawberries and blueberries. Slice the strawberries. Cut the pineapple, removing the top first. Cut the pineapple down into thin rectangular slices. Using a star shaped cookie cutter make cutouts in the fruit slices.
- Pour the bottle of wine, rum, club soda and cranberry juice into the container. Add the fruit.
- Refrigerate up until before serving (I don’t like to add ice cubes to the mix because it will water it down too much).
There will be left over pineapple scraps. I chopped these up and used to make a fruit salad.