Tomato, Corn and Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Jersey Corn, Tomatoes, Avocado….these are a few of my favorite things (In harmony to the Sound of Music tune!). But seriously, there is not much more I love in the summer than juicy, ripe tomatoes and sweet Jersey corn. When you pair that with the ultimate ingredient, avocado (which is my favorite just about anytime), you’ve got a star studded salad.
I made this easy salad on a weeknight and it fed me for lunches and sides with dinner for nearly a week! The lime dressing keeps the avocado green for a handful of days. Speaking of the dressing, the zesty cilantro with crisp lime juice makes a bright and flavorful combo that adds that over the top goodness to this dish.
I need to stop writing because I’ll be whipping up another batch of this in minutes if I don’t. This will be my go-to summer salad until the final corn husk leaves those farm stands.
…all for the love of the dish
- For the Salad:
- 4 ears corn
- 2 avocados
- 2 containers (2 cups) cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- For the Dressing:
- 2 limes
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling add ears of corn and cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Let the corn cool completely (speed up the process by sticking in the refrigerator if needed!).
- Meanwhile; slice cherry tomatoes in half, dice avocado, and very finely slice your ¼ of red onion.
- Using a sharp knife, remove corn from the ears of corn and add into large serving bowl with tomatoes, avocado and red onion.
- In a small bowl add the juice from the limes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until completely combined.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve!