When I dip, you dip, we dip….that’s my standard dip recipe post line. But, isn’t it just too true? Most dip eating involves a little party of everyone else also dip eating around you. Today’s recipe is no exception. Antipasto Hummus Layered Party Dip is an ideal addition to any get-together’s table.
This recipe is an upgraded remake of one of my earliest recipes on Behind the Plates. I started out making my own hummus as the base and pesto for the second layer. Then I finally finished it off with all my favorite antipasto ingredients. Over time and many requests for parties I started to take the easy way out. And let’s be honest, that easy way is what most of you really wanted when you’re pulling together a party anyway. SO…I’ve decided to bring you the new, improved, and simplified version of this party dip.Miss
While the possibilities of what to use to scoop this layered party dip are endless, I’m bringing you a few ideas.
- Pita Chips
- Focaccia bread, sliced into small bite sizes squares
- Cucumbers (you need a big surface to grab some toppings!)
This dip took a total of 10 minutes to pull together and it will be the hit of the party!
…all for the love of the dish
- 20 oz ( 2 regular containers) Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Approximately 8oz store bought Pesto (I like Rana)
- 4 oz sharp provolone cheese, diced
- ½ cup oil cured olives
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup sundried or roasted red peppers, diced
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts
- Spread the hummus into a serving dish. Layer on the pesto on top of the hummus. Evenly distribute the diced cheese, olives, sundried tomatoes, red peppers, and artichokes.
You want to drain all the oil possible from the olives, tomatoes, peppers, and artichokes. (rinse if you want as little oil as you can). There is a lot of oil in the pesto too so after a few hours it will all start to settle in the dip giving access pockets of oil. You don’t want too much of this so removing as much as possible before serving will help.