This week is going to be a duo of recipes to use up those garden produce! First is a build on to the last two recipes I posted (Buttermilk Avocado Dressing and Sweet Corn and Zucchini Cakes). I experimented eating the corn cakes quite a few ways. Eating them alone for lunch worked just fine. A side for a summer steak dinner was delicious as well. But, my favorite variation was my little summer vegetable bowls creation. I always see recipes for veggie packed “bowls” on Pinterest these days and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try whipping up one of my own.
The cool tomatoes, creamy dressing, zesty chicken, and sweet corn are a winning combination of late summer flavors. It a hassle free week-night meal if you make the corn cakes and chicken in advance. It is also the perfect brown bag lunch as the chicken is made in big batches and you can make-ahead your salad bowls for the whole week!
Get the recipe below!
…all for the love of the dish
- 8 Sweet Corn and zucchini cakes (see Recipe Box for Recipe)
- 8 cups spring mix greens
- 1 lb of chicken breast
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I like Stubbs Sweet heat)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup Tbsp Creamy Buttermilk Avocado Dressing (See Recipe Box for Recipe)
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Put chicken in slow cooker on high for 3 hours. Drain any fat, shred chicken and return to crockpot. Add BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the spring mix into 4 bowls along with all the other ingredients. Add a large scoop of the shredded chicken last. Get your pictures of your fancy bowl and then mix to coat with avocado dressing-Enjoy!