I have an over the top Christmas candy recipe for you today. Chocolate bark is one of the easiest treats to make, so for all of you “non-bakers” out there, this one’s for you! It’s a no-bake, recipe with everyone’s favorite snacks caked right into the chocolate. Bring this to your cookie swap to mix in with the classics so there is something new for a change.
As a personal anecdote for this recipe, I made this bark on the weekend. It was bad enough that I munched away on all the toppings as I created the bark. But, I also was chipping away at the end result at a pace that would lead to chocolate overload. I decided to unload this Christmas crack of a candy bar on my co-workers. They too were coming for seconds and thirds until it was all gone in a few mere hours. Whether you’re making this for your holiday parties, as gifts, or just to indulge for yourself, it won’t last long.
Chocolate Bark Indulging Ideas:
- Gift wrap in small clear bags with festive ribbon for friends and family
- Eat as a post-dinner treat with a glass of Petite Syrah
- Use it as your contribution to one of those holiday parties!
…all for the love of the dish
** Hotels.com Travel Destination of the Day:
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Christmas Crunch Chocolate Bark
- 30 oz dark chocolate wafers or baking bar (I used Ghiradelli-and you can use milk chocolate if you prefer)
- 8 oz white chocolate wafers or baking bar (I used Ghiradelli)
- 2 candy canes
- 10 oreos
- 1/3 cup mint M&Ms
- ½ cup pretzels
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- Crush the 2 candy canes and put aside. Separately, crush the oreos. Lastly, break the pretzels into bits and place aside.
- Melt dark chocolate wafer in a small pot on the stove over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. As soon as the chocolate is fully melted, pour on to the parchment paper creating a large rectangle. **It will not cover the whole sheet**
- Work from the inside of the pan out to create a rectangle that is about ½ inch thick. Once all of your chocolate is on the pan load on your oreos, M&Ms and pretzels.
- *Note push the M&M’s in slightly so they don’t fall off once the chocolate sets.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove tray from fridge and prepare to do white chocolate and peppermint drizzle. First, melt the white chocolate the same way you did with the dark chocolate. Once melted, stir in the crushed candy cane pieces. Using a large spoon and taking heaping spoonfuls of the mixture, drizzle over your dark chocolate bark.
- *It works best when you kind of flick the spoon quickly back and forth to splatter the white cholate onto the bark rather than plopping it down.
- Return to fridge for 30 minutes or until fully cooled. Use a knife to break bark into large pieces. Indulge.