This post is intended for an audience of adults age 21 and older. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company All opinions are mine alone. #CookingWithCoke #CollectiveBias
I’m SO thrilled to share today’s post with all of you! I’ve paired up with ShopRite and Coca-Cola® to bring you a double whammy of exciting content.
First, Are you a Fan of Food Network? Cooking Channel? Or award-winning chef and television personality Aarón Sánchez?! I mean, I’m a super fan of all three! So this announcement is SUPER exciting.
You can enter the Coca-Cola’s Text to Win Promotion* for a chance to attend the Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One. The winner will get to cook, eat and drink with award-winning chef and television personality Aarón Sánchez at the Festival. I’m going to be so so jealous of whoever takes home the big win here on this one. Sounds like a dream day to me!
Ok, listen up, here’s the part on HOW TO WIN:
All you need to do is Text CHEF to 26739
Now that I’ve spilled the details on the promotion I’m going to share the second part of this post…so don’t go anywhere just yet.
I’ve cooked up a unique spin on one of ShopRite’s inspired recipes to share with all of you. I’m a lifelong shopper of this grocer and using their brand of products in my recipes is a norm in my household!
This recipe for General Tsaos Chicken and Vegetable Bowls is a healthy and quick meal that’s perfect for those busy nights. In just 20 minutes your delicious dinner will be on the table. And I paired mine with unsweetened lemon Honest® Tea. For those that know me, you know that water and unsweetened iced tea are my all-day drinks. Not to mention, it cools off your mouth from the hint of heat from the General Tsaos Sauce.
Read on for the recipe and best of luck on winning the Text to Win Promotion my lovely readers!
Where to look for the featured products in ShopRite store!
…all for the love of the dish
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb Wholesome Pantry, boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 Jar ShopRite Trading Company General Tsaos Sauce, divided
- 1.5 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1.5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups cooked ShopRite Trading Company Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 scallions, chopped (need both dark green and white portions of the scallions)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp each Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss broccoli florets with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and pour onto one half of a large foil lined baking sheet. Wipe out bowl
- Chop chicken into 1 inch cubes. Toss chicken with 1/3 of the jar of General Tsaos sauce in the bowl. Pour this chicken onto the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, basting with another 1/3 of jar of sauce halfway through.
- While chicken and broccoli cook, heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a small saute pan.
- Add the whites of the scallion and sugar snap peas to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes and then cover pan for an additional 3 minutes so the peas will soften and partially steam.
- Heat rice according to package.
- Arrange bowls. Layer rice on the bottom and then top with equal parts of snap pea and scallion mixture, roasted broccoli, and chicken. Finish by topping with some of the remaining General Tsaos sauce, scallion greens and sesame seeds.