I have found that I really enjoy making chocolate candy at home. It’s easy, requires few ingredients, and the results are great for sharing. Today I wanted to give you all an Easter themed candy idea you can make right at home with 10 minutes prep. This recipe is for Coconut Cashew Cadbury Egg Chocolate Nests.
These bites are really a variation on a traditional chocolate haystack which is typically chocolate and coconut mixed together. I threw in some raw cashews for a little more crunch. And topping them off with those addictive little Cadbury eggs makes them look like spring themed bird’s nests. The kiddos will love these. And if you have kids, let them help you make these. They are that simple that it would be a great family activity.
A plate of these out during Easter dessert will disappear quickly. So make sure you sneak a few for yourself before you dish out to guests.
I’ll also note that this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on the size of your holiday crowd. also, I use dark chocolate because that’s my personal preference but milk or even white chocolate (put a little green food coloring in there for the grass effect!) will work too.
…all for the love of the dish
- 1 10 oz bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces
- 24 mini Cadbury chocolate eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix coconut and cashews in bowl. Set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate chips with coconut oil over lowest heat on your smaller burner in a small saucepan. Stirring the whole time until melted and smooth (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add melted chocolate to coconut and cashews. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take tablespoon size mounds of the chocolate and coconut mixture and create little nests. Top with 2 Cadbury eggs. Repeat until use all the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour minimum. Store in airtight container until ready to eat!