I recently got a really big craving for oatmeal. These hankerings aren’t a frequent occurrence for me. I am more of an egg person in the morning. But, sometimes the only way to relieve a craving is to give into it. With about a dozen overnight oats pictures on my Instagram feed every morning, I’m shocked I’m not indulging every day.
My recipe is a little different from the pack because I went the dairy free route! I found out that I actually really enjoy coconut yogurt. It’s thinner than Greek yogurt and the slightly tropical undertone flavor pairs well with vanilla and berry variations. I substituted coconut yogurt in for the traditional yogurt ingredient. I also used almond milk in place of regular milk. The nuttiness pairs great with the oats! My favorite part is the soaked cherries that give the pop of fruity flavor in each bite. These overnight oats really just taste like an oatmeal cookie and I am a big fan of oatmeal cookies!
Because my morning sweet tooth is typically short lived I made this a small batch recipe. It will feed you for 2 servings. If you like to make yours for the full week ahead, just go ahead and double it the recipe.
Treat yourself with this delightful little overnight oats breakfast.
…all for the love of the dish
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup vanilla flavored coconut yogurt (I used So Delicious Brand)
- 2/3 cup coconut flavored unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp raw almonds
- ½ banana, sliced
- Mix together ¼ cup dried cherries, rolled oats, yogurt, almond milk in a large bowl. Distribute out between 2 small bowls or one large mason jar. Refrigerate over night.
- Top with ¼ cup dried cherries, chocolate chips, almonds and sliced banana.
- Eat up!