Gear up readers-this weekend of events sounds like a food-lovers dream! Tickets are now on sale for March 20th -22nd and the Seventh Annual New Jersey Wine & Food Festival !
Chef David Kinch, the guest of honor from the 2-star Manresa in Los Gatos, California, will be sharing his talents in New Jersey to kick-off the Festival with a dinner in Restaurant Latour on Friday, March 20. The dinner will pair be perfectly paired by cult California wine producer The Prisoner. Friday night will also feature Larry Stone, Master Sommelier and Estates Director of Quintessa, for a dinner “featuring back vintages of this storied California winery paired with a menu by Crystal Springs Resort Executive Chef John Greeley”.
Some event highlights of Saturday’s events include:
-” Garden State Throwdown: Three chefs will compete for best dish with the audience naming the winner: Francesco Palmieri of The Orange Squirrel, Mike Carrino of Pig & Prince, and John Greeley of Crystal Springs ($50).
– Meet & Greet with David Kinch: and book signing of Manresa: An Edible Reflection. Hors d’oeuvres and wine will be served ($50).
– Digging into Quintessa: James Beard Award-winner Master Sommelier Larry Stone leads an exploration of the Quintessa vineyard through a tasting of barrel samples and wines ($65).
– New Jersey Craft Distilling: Meet NJ’s newest craft distillers, Jersey Artisan Distilling, and experience samples right from barrels currently aging Busted Barrel rum as well as cocktails with gourmet NJ syrup producer Blue Jay Syrups ($40).
– Ardbeg Haar Experience: Ardbeg single malt in both liquid and vapor form with this unique look at the distillery and it’s famous “haar” or fog ($40).
– The Grand Tasting: highlights New Jersey’s culinary stars with participating restaurants including Jockey Hollow, Elements, Ninety Acres at Natirar, The Ryland Inn, Maritime Parc, The Orange Squirrel, Agricola, Mistral, Terre a Terre, The Bernards Inn, Escape, Fascino, Axia Taverna, Pig & Prince, Osterial Morini, Morris Tap & Grill and more. The VIP section welcomes Chef Kinch of Manresa (CA), Michelin-starred New York chefs Carlo Mirachi of Blanca and Roberta’s, Bryce Shuman of Betony, and Brooks Headley of Del Posto, and Crystal Springs’ four-star Restaurant Latour ($150/$275 VIP).”
Press Release from MST Creative Group
…all for the love of the dish