This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShopRiteFamilyMeals #WholesomePantry #RootedInFrontera #CollectiveBias
As a new mom, I’m trying to balance my home life but know how important sitting down to a meal with family is every day. I want to instill this tradition early on with our son. We set aside time to enjoy each other’s company everyday and it’s only natural that it should be surrounding a great meal. He’s not eating table food yet but he LOVES to watch his mommy and daddy eat. Today I’m sharing a recipe using two brands I genuinely endorse, Wholesome Pantry products from ShopRite and Frontera products. My Green Zucchini Enchiladas are the ideal meal to get the family at the table.
I also top off the enchilada rolls with more sauce and of course shredded cheese to make them ooey, gooey delicious. After baking these off, I added tomatoes, cilantro and avocado as an extra pop of authentic flavor. But don’t forget a side of Frontera Mexicana Mild Salsa too. I loved to dip each bite in this.
I do want to share why I love these products I’m working with today. First, we all know I’m all about time-saving tips. For me, that’s often just shopping at my local ShopRite because it’s right up the street from me, and I can get everything I need. Both of these brands can be found at your local ShopRite, so it makes for easy pick up. Frontera sauces like the one I used today are perfect because they come ready to use and just easily pair with your favorite protein. It’s premium ingredients with authentic flavors and believe me you can taste the difference. This stuff is good!
All in all this recipe is a light version of a hearty meal. It uses products you can count on and ingredients you’ll love! And It’s 100% original from me, so I hope you enjoy!
ok ok…on to the recipe!
…all for the love of the dish
- 1.5 lbs of bonesless skinless Wholesome Pantry chicken breasts
- 2 packets of Frontera green enchilada sauce
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Pantry Organic Black Beans
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup, Wholesome Pantry Three Cheese Mexican Blend
- Cilantro for garnish
- Frontera Mexicana Mild Salsa (Optional)
- Turn slow cooker to high. Add chicken and 1 packet of Frontera Green Enchilada Sauce. Cook for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours shred chicken and add 1/2 cup black beans. Cook for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mandolin slicer ( at 1/8 inch setting) cut your zucchini slices vertically. Please be careful while slicing!!
- Get a 9X11 baking dish ready to use. Once the chicken is ready it’s time to roll the enchiladas.
- Line up 3 slices of zucchini so they are just overlapping. Add a heaping spoonful of chicken and bean mixture to one of the edges. Use your hands to carefully roll the enchilada. Place “flap” side down in the baking dish so they don’t fall apart.
- Repeat until zucchini and chicken are used up and the baking dish is full.
- Pour other packet of green enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Dice and slice the tomato and avocado and top the finished enchiladas off with these and some fresh minced cilantro.
- Your ready for serving ( I liked to dip mine in the salsa, but it's optional).
- See here (Hub URL) for more Frontera & Wholesome Pantry inspiration at ShopRite!