The beach outings, backyard barbeques, and park picnic time of year has arrived. I cannot believe this weekend kicks off our summer season. And I cannot be more excited for the season! Weekend schedules are about to get packed up with parties. And these parties will also most likely be full of beer, burgers, and hotdogs. They are the staples. While I love them all, having them week after week doesn’t do wonders for my healthy eating routine. This summer I hope to share some recipes for you to incorporate into your weekend meals that bring a healthier option to the table. I’m starting with these Guacamole Chicken Salad Filled Cucumber Cups.
Today’s dish is cool, crisp little bites of cucumber topped off with a savory fork full of guacamole chicken salad. Pack a Tupperware of these up to bring to your weekend parties. Stick them in your beach cooler for lunch. You can also top off your picnic baskets with these light bites.
These quick and easy Guacamole Chicken Cucumber Cups are sure to become a go-to this summer.
…all for the love of the dish
- 1 cucumber, sliced into 1 inch thick slices
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cooled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime
- ½ cup prepared fresh salsa
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ jalapeno, sliced
- ½ tsp each Salt and pepper
- garnish with cilantro (optional)
- Slice your cucumber. Using a melon baller or spoon, carve out a small cavity for the chicken salad filling.
- Shred your cooled chicken and put aside.
- Place diced avocado, jalapeno slices, garlic clove, juice from ½ the lime, salt and pepper in food processor or blender. Pulse on 1 second intervals about 7-10 times. It should still be a little chunky, but blended.
- Spoon into a large bowl and mix in the fresh salsa and shredded chicken.
- Scoop large spoonfuls into the cucumber cavities.
- Squeeze the remaining half of lime over the bites. Sprinkle with some cilantro if you like. Keep in a cool place until serving.