Happy Monday everyone! My Paleo challenge has officially ended. You better believe that my first few days of freedom included some carb overloading and dairy indulging. However; all of the “celebratory” meals quickly caught up to me and I honestly missed feeling healthy. That’s not to say I was ready to go back to full time Paleo however; it encouraged me get back to some lighter cooking. Today’s recipe for Loaded Mashed Cauliflower is a good balance of cheat and healthy.
This mashed cauliflower is a great alternative to the usually butter and milk laden mashed potatoes. This creamy cauliflower uses only a little olive oil, salt and pepper and it’s full of flavor. If you haven’t tried mashed cauliflower yet, it has the same consistency as potatoes and a similar flavor with a faint sweetness. It’s a fantastic healthy swap out. I’ve topped off this dish with low fat cheese, turkey bacon, and green onion to make it wholesome with just a small side of sinfulness.
Ways to Enjoy:
- Pair this with baked chicken
- Eat with a side salad
- Bring as a potluck item to your next friend dinner
…all for the love of the dish
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Steam your head of cauliflower until it is very tender and breaks off easily one poked with a fork.
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and add to food processor or blender. Pulse for 30 seconds. Add olive oil, salt and pepper. Continue to blend until completely smooth.
- Pour your cauliflower puree into a baking dish. Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onion and serve.