Winner winner, easy chicken dinner in today’s post! As promised in my post for the creamy and versatile Roasted Red Pepper Pesto earlier this week, I’m bringing you a composed dish to use up the sauce! These panko baked chicken filets are slathered in pesto before the crispy, crumbly topping to finish them off. It’s a weeknight meal wonder the whole family will love.
Not all of you may know this but, although I love to cook I do often order from meal delivery services like Sun Basket (Get $35 off Sun Basket meals!) and Hello Fresh. They are great during the week when my schedule is too full and my time in the kitchen is minimal. The meals are usually pretty inspired, always easy, and definitely quicker because the ingredients come pre-portioned already. I also tend to get some creative recipe innovations that spark from meals I’ve encountered in my boxes. Today’s recipe is one of those!
I once ordered a meal that was baked chicken topped with traditional pesto and parmesan. I loved that the pesto kept the chicken moist and provided so much flavor. So, I’ve developed my own version with roasted red pepper pesto which adds a bright flavor dimension. I also loved the seasoned panko bread crumbs to top it off. That added crunch makes all the difference.
It’s a simple recipe that can be played on repeat every week when you’re in need of a healthy, quick and delicious weeknight meal.
…all for the love of the dish
- 4 thin sliced chicken breast filets
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all the spices, cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. add in olive oil and fix until all breadcrumbs are lightly coated. Set aside.
- Lay chicken slices out on foil lined baking sheet. Evenly spoon pesto onto the tops of each slice. spread out to create a thick layer on the top of the chicken.
- Then evenly distribute the panko crust coating to the top of each slice.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until Chicken is no longer pink in the center.