Happy New Year everyone! I’m so excited for the year ahead. Not only for the arrival of my little one on the way but, also for another year of BTP. Last year was an exciting one full of new travel explorations, tons of learning in the kitchen and even a little TV debut on the Rachael Ray show. It’s going to be a hard year to beat but, I’m pretty sure this year has some pretty fantastic things in store. I’m kicking 2018 off with an easy and versatile roasted red pepper pesto.
This sauce is one that you can make in advance and use for whole handful of recipes. It’s fast and simple to create and it also is freezable if you want to make a batch for later on too!
I’ve got some great ideas for using up all this pesto and a full recipe on the way later this week (so you’ll just have to visit again!)
- Roasted Red Pepper Pesto and Panko Chicken – This baked chicken dish is an instant weeknight meal success. Come back this Thursday for the recipe and find it under “Main Courses” on the recipe navigation 😉
- Use it as a sauce for pasta and top with some grated Parmesan for a Mediterranean and Italian inspired meal
- Roast some asparagus or cauliflower and then toss a couple tablespoons of pesto with the cooked vegetables for a burst of flavor!
…all for the love of the dish
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil for broiling
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- turn your broiler on in your oven to low.
- meanwhile, wash, halve and remove seeds from bell pepper. Brush with 1 tbsp olive oil. place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 10-15 minutes or until skin begins to brown and pepper is softened.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and roasted pepper to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Add more oil, 1 tsbp at a time, if you want it to be a looser sauce.
- Serve with pasta, over chicken, mixed with vegetables or cool and freeze for later use.