Do you make one-pot meals or sheet pan meals at home? If so, you’ve already discovered why they are so popular on Pinterest boards and recipe sites. If you haven’t, think about only having to clean one pot or pan and having a great meal on the table in the process. They truly are a no-brainer! I’m finally bringing you all my first original sheet pan meal inspiration with this Orange Ginger Glazed Cod with Vegetables.
I love cooking with cod because it is a clean slate for flavors. Cod has such a neutral taste so it can be prepared in so many different ways. It truly takes on the distinctiveness of the ingredients you prepare it with. I love doing fish with a little Asian flair so this Orange Ginger Glaze is my JAM. The marinade is sweet with a hint of spice from the ginger and has tangy undertones of soy and vinegar. It seeps into those tender veggies that are roasting on the pan as well.
After I serve up this meal for 2, all I need to do is remove the foil, do a quick rinse of the pan and voila, I’m all cleaned up! That’s a dinner WIN in my house. More time for post-work lounging and less time cooking and cleaning is always a plus.
If I’m feeling a little extra ambitious (i.e. want to wash one more pan), I’ll make up some jasmine brown rice. It’s a healthy starchy companion to round out the meal. But, that’s completely up to you!
Now on to the 2 step recipe…brace yourselves 😉
…all for the love of the dish
- 1 lb cod
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1 Small Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Small orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Juice from 1 medium orange
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toss veggies with 2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper
- cook veggies on pan for 7 minutes
- In a medium bowl add the orange zest, orange juice, cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce, white wine vinegar and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cod to the pan with the vegetables and evenly pour marinade over fish and any extra over veggies Cook for additional 10-12 min