Spring has sprung, even though it may not feel like it yet. But, the clocks have turned and the official start date has passed. Soooo it’s time for some cool and crisp recipe ideas to ring in the warmer weather to come. I’m kicking off the season with this Spring Snow Pea and Feta Salad with Basil Mint Vinaigrette.
Before the recipe I’m going to have a little confession session with all of you. While home on maternity leave, waiting for our little on to arrive, I started to stockpile recipes and posts. So right now, the blog is on autopilot! I made the next month’s recipes ahead of time so I can truly embrace motherhood and take time to recover. But, without a lag in blog posts for all of you. So if you see a slowdown on social, comment responses etc. you know why! And while my munchkin hasn’t arrived as I write this, you can bet that I’m enjoying every second of getting to know the newest family member.
Now that you know my little secret, I’ll share a little more on why this recipe is ideal for this Spring. It’s bright, its crunchy, its refreshing. I made it with Easter in mind. I personally think this would be a perfect side and salad to grace those holiday tables. Its simple and refined. Did I mention it only takes less than 5 minutes to toss together? It’s a sophisticated looking dish and has the taste to match that, which is why I LOVE it for an Easter option.
Time to ring in Spring with this little salad. Hope you enjoy!
…all for the love of the dish
- 1 & 1/4 cup snow peas
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 oz crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced Basil
- 1 tsp ( about 3 leaves) mint, minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Wash all produce. Slice radishes and finely chop your basil and mint.
- Add basil and mint to a small bowl. Add olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and combine.
- In a larger serving bowl, add snow peas, sliced radishes and feta. Pour in dressing and toss. Top with sliced almonds.