I’m kicking it up a notch for this year’s Superbowl celebration. I have created the ultimate party food that guys and girls alike will love! Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are the quintessential football food. They encompass the finger food mentality and involve buffalo sauce and cheese; what’s not to love? And ladies, they are baked (not fried). They also don’t involve the dark meat or fatty skins that typical wings usually entail. This dish is an all-around winner for the appetizer category.
These meatballs use minimal ingredients and will cost you a mere 30 minutes of time. However; here’s your fair warning that they most likely will get devoured in a fraction of the time you spent creating them.
Be sure to check back later this week for the full Superbowl recipe roundup on BTP to build your menus for Sunday’s big game!
…all for the love of the dish
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 oz blue cheese (I used the block kind-not crumbled)
- 1 cup Frank red hot wing sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced fat ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the egg and breadcrumbs into the ground chicken.
- Cut the blue cheese into 1/2 inch chunks (about 12 pieces needed).
- Take one piece of cheese and about 2 tbsp of the chicken mixture to form each meatball. Wrap the meat around the cheese and use your hands to roll our even size balls. The cheese should be entirely covered by the meat.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Once all meatballs are formed place in the oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan lightly heat up the hot sauce and ranch dressing mixture.
- Once the meatballs are done in the oven, pour them into the saucepan with the hot sauce mixture and stir to coat.
- Serve with toothpicks, a side of ranch and celery sticks!
*warning - the longer they sit in the hot sauce mixture the spicier they will become as it seeps into the meat!