Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers are the ultimate easy weeknight meal.
Once summer rolls around I am always out and about. Softball games, nightly workouts, and errands tend to fill up my weekly, after work calendar. This busy schedule translates to needing simple meals to cook during the week. The fewer steps involved with the cooking process, the better.
One of my favorite speedy dinners is stuffed peppers. They are great year-round meal because there are so many ways to fill them. Every other month I am coming up with new fun fillers. My latest kick has been supreme pizza stuffed peppers.
It’s a healthy, low carb, take on a pizza favorite. Here’s the recipe for Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers
If you need another stuffed pepper variation check these Mediterranean Cous Cous ones out!
…all for the love of the dish!
- 3 Bell Peppers
- 1 small vidalia onion
- 3 sweet Italian turkey sausage links (1/2 lb)
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- ¼ cup turkey pepperoni
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup jarred tomato sauce ( I like Rao’s brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute the mushrooms and sliced onion with a tbsp of minced garlic. Cook until slightly soft (about 4-5 minutes) and add sliced turkey sausage. Once sausage is browned add the turkey pepperoni, olives and tomato sauce. Let simmer for another 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, slice 3 bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove all seeds. Lightly brush each pepper with olive oil and place in backing dish (using a cookie sheet is fine too).
- Fill each pepper half with 1/6 of the pizza mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the peppers are tender.