Feta makes everything betta. But really, doesn’t it? It’s punchy, creamy, crumbly and just enhances the flavor of any dish it’s added to. That’s my opinion anyway! I wouldn’t call it THE highlight of this salad recipe but it certainly wouldn’t be as tasty without it. This recipe for Ultimate Greek Salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette will become a springtime first pick in your houses.
Aside from the obvious great cheese factor, this salad also incorporates briny kalamata olives, juicy tomatoes, and crisp cucumbers. But, my favorite part is the homemade pita chips. When baked right they have a crunch edge with a slightly soft center. I eat mine while still warm in the salad and it makes the experience that much more comforting. Lastly the citrus, herbs and oil in the easy, homemade dressing bring it all together. Oh man….I may need to whip another one of these up ASAP after talking so much about it here.
Here’s some serving ideas to enjoy your Ultimate Greek Salad:
- Package this up for work week lunches
- Make these for a meatless Monday OR add grilled shrimp or chicken to make more rounded meal
- Kick off Spring grilling season and make this as a side dish for your burgers and dogs
..all for the love of the dish
- 5 Cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherries tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 4 oz feta
- 1 pita
- 1 tbsp olive oil -for pita chips
- 1 tsp oregano -for pita chips
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper for pita chips
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry all produce. Slice, dice and halve all vegetables as stated in ingredients list.
- Cut pita into 8 even slices. Brush with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Place on foil lined pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- While cooking mix 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper for the dressing.
- Compose the salad, add all vegetables, toss with dressing and top with baked pita chips.